gray

Sunday, April 18, 2010

THREAT LEVEL ORANGE...

So, if you happened to be traveling this weekend I'm sure you heard over & over again that the security threat level was ORANGE. I'm not exactly sure on the levels, but I'm pretty sure Green is good, then yellow, then orange, then red??? is there something beyond that??? Anyway, that's not necessarily the point, the point....
I made it safe & sounds from XNA to Detroit and had quite the wait trying to leave Detroit for WASHINGTON DC-- THE CAPITOL OF OUR GREAT COUNTRY!!! The plane was late getting in from somewhere else and then our crew was late getting in from somewhere else-- which is good bc I was on the phone w/ Vanessa & almost missed our departure time-- oopsie!! (damn time change) but that being said I still had time to wait!! We finally boarded the plane and as I sat there, in between two very nice, 20-something kids (both younger than I) we witnessed what can only be explained as TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE DURING ORANGE THREAT LEVEL TIME ON A PLANE GOING TO THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA!!!!!!!!!
They kept announcing our flight as going to NATIONAL (Reagan National Airport) but the sign at the gate said Washington DC-Reagan and that's what I always look for, but that's just me. Anyway, the door is about to close the flight attendant gets on the speaker and says blah blah NATIONAL blah blah DC blah blah..... then a man gets up from the back of the plane and says IS THIS PLANE GOING TO NASHVILLE??? Nope, not nashville buddy!!! So explain to me how this guy got scanned thru the gate, got on the plane, found a seat and was all ready to go to a city he wasn't even suppose to be going to and during a THREAT LEVEL ORANGE to our NATION'S CAPITOL??? HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?!?!?
I was slightly disappointed in this moment. That being said, the trip home was pretty ridiculous. I've been awake since 3am MY TIME, bc I could not sleep, drank 2 cups of coffee, got to the airport, got thru security-- no problems, made it to the gate, boarded a fairly full flight to Atlanta, next to a guy who slept the whole time-- which was great bc i slept & read (CHELSEA CHELSEA BANG BANG) & made it to Atlanta. Not a fan of Atlanta airport, quite large, gates change all the time, but it wasn't too bad. Got on a tiny plane to XNA, and somehow made it home safe & sound...

No comments:

Post a Comment