gray

Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom...


I could rave about my parents all day long. It's true that my mom & I can argue and get on each other's nerves, but it's probably because we are so much alike. And for that I am truly grateful. I love my mother for everything she is...
I won't bore you with the qualities we share, but I will tell you that my wonderful fiance likes to point out that "I see a lot of your mom in you" when her & I team up against my dad or Ryan. And the eye-rolling, glares and looks they receive, I am sure is just like mom. But my mom is so much more....

She is smart, funny, slightly dorky about things. Growing up she loved the Beatles and Elvis, she introduced me to the "oldies" station when I was growing up and we sang along to the radio every day. She embraced my obsessions, was my taxi driver and biggest cheerleader. She is full of compassion and incredibly giving. She spent most of the winter of 2010 living in Memphis, taking care of her mother. She never left Grandma's side and took care of every little thing Grandma might have needed. She had no intention of ever leaving my Grandma's side, until I called and begged her to come home-- it'd been 2 months and I needed my mommy home with me for my birthday. My mom came home for a day and a half, then returned right back to her mother's side. Unfortunately it was to say goodbye...

My mom is an amazing woman, supportive in everything she does... I love her with all my heart and I am so thankful she is here for me whenever I need her. Happy Birthday Mom!! Thanks for being amazing & awesome. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment