gray

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A couple short updates...

This time last year I had just started my job with the Northwest Arkansas Naturals. I loved that job. I was so happy at that job. Yes, there were ups & downs, long hours, lazy college interns, farmer's tans, but I met such amazing people. I am still in contact with some of my favorite fans, season ticket holders and co-workers. I miss the activities, the running up & down the stairs (cheap workout) and the excitement of the games!! I miss meeting the fans, even miss that smelly ol' mascot Strike. To think that a year ago I was a nervous wreck, praying not to fail or embarrass myself in some way! I survived. I loved it. I desperately miss it.

Aside from being slightly homesick, missing my parents & puppies and missing the best job I ever had... I am surviving. The hardest part of surviving this week has nothing to do with anything Arkansas and everything to do with my crazy ideas.
(Back story)
Ryan has been going on & on about the weight he gained. Everything is fine, then suddenly his pants just do not seem to fit right-- did they shrink? Then came the realization that perhaps it wasn't the pants that shrunk and perhaps it just might be the Italian Beefs and french fries, drinking beers and never saying No to a big, fat juicy steak. It is bound to catch up to you, especially when you turn 30 and the metabolism dwindles down to non-existent.
[Enter Julie's Crazy Idea]
Ryan's been complaining about the few extra pounds he's been carrying around, and I, admittedly, gained a few pounds over the holidays-- as always. So being the good cheer-leading soon-to-be-wife I decided we would do a "Diet"... I personally do not care if Ryan loses the extra weight, my goal is for him to be healthy & live a LONG, HAPPY, HEALTHY life.
So we are trying an actual "diet" this week. We started the 17 Day diet. 17 days of NO CARBS, no added sugar, no fun!! I have seen enough salad in the last two days that I may swear off salads forever. I would much rather run the stairs of the stadium, join a gym (if I had a job & could afford it) or just go for nightly walks as opposed to giving up my beloved spaghetti, bread and ice cream. (Do not get me started on lack of Cherry Coke in my life right now, because I KNOW it is better that I drink water-- I enjoy water-- but I am without Cherry Coke, day 3, if a rant begins on this topic it will get ugly... FAST!)
The diet may have/might made/make us lose a few pounds, I don't know, but I know that "lean" meats and "cleansing" vegetables have very little taste and are pretty bland. I do not know why rabbits enjoy this food. I do know, however, that our landlord won't let us have a dog, so I asked Ryan if we could sneak in a bunny... now I don't just want the bunny to play with and keep as a pet, but rather to sneak all those lame foods I do not want to eat anymore.
I may be sleeping better at night. I might have better skin with all that water. I may not hate the really awesome lemon-fusing water pitcher we bought. BUT I DO NOT LIKE SALAD, YOGURT or lean poultry foods. To think back at this summer, where I lost weight, simply because of my job, all the while eating pretzels with cheese and Pepsi for dinner. I know I have said I am surviving and this isn't THAT bad, but I might've been lying. I'll let you know when the worst takes over and I start stealing little kids candy and sneaking into the kitchen at 3am for ice cream & saltine crackers.
(I'm sure there will be more on this subject soon enough.)

Wedding planning update:
All the To-Do list stuff needs to get To-Done real soon. I know I carry on about being stressed over the wedding planning, mostly because I am doing it, pretty much alone, from ten hours away, I've had issues with my dad always finding a way to make things way more difficult than necessary, a Maid of Honor who has no honor & split, and the Church... ohhhh the church! Can we get the annulment PLEASE! I would love nothing more than to have my dress and reserve the church, once those things happen I am sure I will be a much nicer person to be around-- if you bring me a Cherry Coke.

So, aside from the Diet from hell, wedding planning (still) and desperately missing my old job, there really isn't that much to say... just to keep my fans (Stelli) happy I am sure a rant will surface soon enough and I am sure it will be a doosey.

No comments:

Post a Comment