gray

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Funny thing... (random facts that cross my mind)

I woke up this morning & random things crossed my mind, as the day went on more randomness crossed my mind. This could get scary...

I first woke up to find out my baby is hurt. We have dachshunds & they tend to have back troubles. Riley's back flairs up every once in a while... today is one of those days. I picked him up off the couch to come with me & when I went to put him down he cried, cried, cried. (*heart-breaking*) I tried to let him do whatever it was that he wanted to do that would make him comfortable, but we have people working in the basement (putting up a wall) and the banging of hammers & nails is just a little too much. Poor baby. He hid under my bed (which I can only imagine hurts him to crawl) and when I asked if he wanted to go out to go potty he just cried, cried, cried again. Ok, I may not have kids, but I love this dog more than anything in the world (yes, Ryan understands that he comes second to Riley) so it's like watching my baby suffer and there is NOTHING I can do to help him. Now we are just sitting on the couch, he won't leave my side, but if I have to get up to do anything he wants to follow me, so I guess I'm on the couch for the rest of the day.

Yesterday we went dress shopping. So the wedding dress has been on my mind all morning and it reminded me of something. Ryan & I went to meet David Tutera, event planner & magician-- making dreams come true. David was speaking at a wedding show and he was taking questions from the audience. There was this bride who asked about her Harley-chic wedding she was planning. Of course David was taken by surprise and was not quite sure how to answer it. The bride wanted to know how she could ride off on a Harley while wearing a wedding gown. David did not have an answer for her, aside from don't ride off on a Harley (God love him.) Later the bride's mother asked a question, she said how, at first, she did not support her daughter's desire for a Harley-Chic wedding but after seeing all the amazing things David Tutera can do she has supported it more. Side note, David Tutera makes those random themes come to happen by donations from vendors, but the weddings he does are easily half-a-million dollars!! He said $500,000. I don't think these Harley-Chic gals are capable of affording that amount of money in order to make this Harley theme become so chic. The mother went on to ask a question about her giving a speech at the wedding instead of the father of the bride. She also mentioned having her new husband (the bride's step father) walking the bride down the aisle. I looked at the bride who shook her head, as if to say I do not want my stepdad to walk me down the aisle. The mother of the bride seemed very determined to keep the father of the bride out of the spotlight, out of the wedding. Does she really wonder why the bride wants a Harley-Chic wedding?? In my wedding planning I have noticed everyone has an opinion, but perhaps these opinionated people should think twice before offering their opinion on things. Maybe, just because you (the MOB) don't want him (the FOB) in the wedding, maybe, just maybe, you should think about putting that drama aside for this wedding. I still wonder how she drove off on a Harley in a wedding gown???

The day progressed and I decided to hit the fridge for something to eat. I settled on string cheese and some grapes. Every single time I eat string cheese (where you peel it, string by string) I giggle to myself... My best friend Vanessa has a husband, Josh. Now Josh is a pretty smart guy, he definitely isn't lacking in common sense or education. Some how, some way he did manage to go through life without knowledge of "string" cheese. (Reminds me of an episode of How I Met Your Mother, in which all the characters have one thing they did not learn as a child which makes them slightly odd... Ted pronounces Chameleon as sham-a-lee-on, as opposed to ka-meal-yon. Lily can't throw things, she tosses the keys to hubby and they go flying through the air about 6 yards too far!) Some how Josh managed to never understand why string cheese was called string. It always strikes me as hilarious. How did you not know you PEEL it?? Ohhh boy! I'd also like to point out that this morning he tweeted #dollabillzyall and for that I would like to laugh directly in his face. Thank you.

I am sure there are some weird things that have crossed my mind today, but for the most part I am on puppy patrol & I would like to get back to the baby. So, keeping with Josh's tweet, I'd just like to say PEACE OUT YO! & good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment