gray

Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Easter/Spring Wreath

I just could not find a wreath for our front door on Pinterest that I liked enough to try and make, to replace my beautiful Valentine's wreath. So my loving fiance took me to Hobby Lobby and as we walked around and noticed that the Spring/Easter stuff was on sale. I started collecting things and this is what I made:

What I used:
A SMALL Cone Shaped wreath (too big and the doors wouldn't shut)
Metal Tulips (purple polka dots on one side, lines on the other)
Cone Shapped Styrofoam (had to cut it flat for the back)
The Green "Grass" for Easter Baskets
Different color Ribbons
Pretty Easter Eggs.

We got everything from Hobby Lobby, used a bit of HOT GLUE to secure the ribbons and eggs, shoved the Tulips into the styrofoam, put the green "grass" around it to hide it, tied ribons around (the picture doesn't detail it much-- there is ribbon wrapped around the edges of the wreath and bows tied randomly in front). Then made a make-shift hook out of ribbon and hung it on the door after the glue set. It's pretty & spring-y... It may not be up to Pinterest standards, but I did it on my own while walking around Hobby Lobby. Do not forget to use your 40% off one regular priced item coupon (bring up their website on the phone when you check out, if you didn't print it out) and wait til everything else goes on sale.
I am just now starting my crafting ideas and hope I can get better as I try & try again....

No comments:

Post a Comment