gray

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

I would have loved to tell you all about days 11-20 in our thirty days of thanks (#30daysofthanks) but quite frankly if I can't be 100% accurate in recalling everything I tweeted about then I will not feel OK about blogging about it. Since Twitter is not cooperating I am unable to look it all up and it is very frustrating!

So, instead of becoming frustrated with trying to blog about #30daysofthanks I will just tell you about Thanksgiving week. My mom & I attempted to wedding dress shop, but I became very upset with the lack of variety. Every single dress is strapless with tons of pick-ups and that is just not me! So after a total & complete bust dress shopping we decided to get our nails done. Mother/Daughter Mani/Pedi day is way more relaxing and fun than dress shopping.
Ryan & I met up with my friend Alaina and we were able to purchase everything needed to make our flower girls dress. Reagan, my gorgeous flower girl, is going to be quite the little beauty at our wedding!! I'm so excited for this dress!! We also met with Eventures, the rental place, for linens, in order to get an accurate quote. Talk about frustrating.... this has been going on for MONTHS!! They have not been able to provide the accurate quote and are completely irresponsible in replying to emails. I was a little more pleased once we met with them again & were able to get on the same page in person! Unfortunately, I do not live close enough to make face-to-face meetings every time I need something or have a question. They will have to learn to respond to emails or it will never work!
The wedding planning is getting better, but the nightmares are getting worse. We have registered-- at Macy's & Bed, Bath & Beyond-- and have seen a sneak peek into our engagement photos, which should be ready by Monday, or sometime next week! Very exciting!! Just trying to freak out less about wedding ceremony site and wedding dress!! It seems to me that -- aside from the groom -- these two things are the most important things needed for a wedding. I'm a little tired of dreaming about being married in jeans & a t shirt and a drunk groom, elusive bridesmaids and everything else that is just falling apart-- in my nightmares.
All in all this has been a fairly enjoyable Thanksgiving week. I am thankful to just have a lot of Ryan & Julie time, FINALLY!! It's very nice to have him around, all the time. Especially after over a month of weekends only!

I hope everyone has had a relaxing and enjoyable Thanksgiving. Spent with family & friends, loved one. I am thankful to have such a great family and so many wonderful friends who bring such joy to my life. I try not to dwell on what I do not have, but sometimes the emotions get the best of me. This being my first Thanksgiving Grandma-Less is just a little tough. But we have memories, recipes and stories to share to make both my Grandma's just a little more near!

Thank you for being YOU. I appreciate you all, for just the little things you add to my life. Love!! xX

No comments:

Post a Comment