gray

Saturday, July 3, 2010

INDEPENDENCE DAY



HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!! This is one of my most favorite holidays... I thank God and our dedicated military for providing us all with these wonderful freedoms. Typically we spend the holiday in Memphis with the family. My Uncle Darryl takes us to the Navy Base for the beautiful firework display and then we spend the rest of the weekend at their pool until night fall and then they set off their own firewords in the neighborhood. It is a lot of fun, because we play washers or cornhole, drink beer, and just visit. Of course my favorite part of the trip is spending time w/ my cousins Savannah & Dalton, because they are getting so big, so fast! Savannah is now ten and Dalton will be eight this winter!! Seems like just yesterday I was carrying around a teeny tiny Savannah, wrapped up in a pink blanket and just loving on her for being the cutest little baby ever-- now she's a TWEEN!!!

This year we didn't go. I kinda miss it, but it's a tough month for me. My cousin Melanie is getting married JULY 17. I am really looking forward to her wedding, but that requires traveling, 2hrs, to Springfield, MO. It's true that 2hrs isn't that long of a trip, but the following week Ryan and I are going to Chicago for his sister's wedding. Yep, I get to meet his family... that is IF he doesn't ditch me after putting up with my family the previous week. =) Then, the following week I (and hopefully Ryan) will be headed down to Memphis for my cousin Dustin's wedding reception. That's three weekends of traveling-- so my family decided not to travel to Memphis for the 4th!! But I'm a bit sad, because Ryan's in Chicago for his cousin's wedding tonight and, although I can hear them, I am not watching fireworks tonight. Oh well... maybe I will see some tomorrow night... I hope you all have a spledidly fun, safe & enjoyable 4th of July!!! GOD BLESS OUR BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY & OUR GIFT OF FREEDOM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment