gray

Friday, May 7, 2010

as requested...


Work hours! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! So when i started at this temp job I said I was willing to work any hours, bc quite frankly I don't have much of a life and they needed volunteers OR they were gonna just draw names, and some people actually have spouses, kids, other type works and can't do it, so I took one for the team!! My current job has three shifts, we work 24 hrs a day. So I get in around 11p and work thru the night and eventually make it home around 8am!! Just in time to crawl in bed as all my neighbors leave for work (so, IDEAL PARKING SPACE & QUIETNESS!!--except the stupid lady upstairs, who sometimes runs late for work and therefore stomps around for a good 20mins before finally leaving).
It has it's perks, I mean I am always on time for work (HUGE NEWS, since i was in such a habit over the last year of showing up basically whenever i wanted!) there is very little traffic (except coming home sucks!) I get to be the MOST entertaining person in the world during the hours of 1am and 5am-- and it is totally acceptable to be quite looney during those hours (you get less judgmental looks) and they say the uncontrollable laughter leads to burning more calories-- yippee!!
The not so good news is: i sleep the day away, i only work with 5 people, and i get very cranky when i don't get much sleep! plus, it does limit the social life-- BLAH! So, on that note... off to see GREASE (featuring Taylor Hicks) with my momma, then off to a night of work!! yep, i work friday AND saturday nights... boo!
HOPE THAT HELPS NIKI-- THIS ONE'S FOR YOU! =)

2 comments:

  1. So what exactly do you do at this job?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i work for the government, i could tell you, but then i'd have to kill you!! Currently I do a LOT of counting!! Thank God I know how to count-- in 3 different languages. =)

    ReplyDelete