gray

Monday, October 8, 2012

What a difference 6 months makes...

It's been far too long since I blogged anything... the reason being is I just did not feel like I was adding anything to the blog. I was doing a lot of ranting and a lot of ... whining?! I am so over it.

The wedding planning was a headache for a while, but to be honest with you it was WORTH IT! I had the most amazing wedding. I wish more people could have been a part of our day, but it was truly the best day of my life. It was a little warm, it was very rushed (flew by so fast), but it was perfect. So here are the highlights:

  • My Matron of Honor Megan was the best support system I ever could have asked for... in a day when I just needed someone to be there for all the little things she was everything and more. I could never thank her enough. Not to mention she looked so beautiful too!
  • My mom started crying Friday at the rehearsal dinner and didn't stop until Sunday it seems. She was all kinds of emotions, but always very supportive. I know it was hard for her, because it would have been her mother's birthday, but I think we all remembered Grandma in the best ways!!
  • Moments, literally just less than a minute, before I walked down the aisle my dad & I were standing in the lobby... I kid you not my dad pulled out his cell phone to check email/text a client... who knows, but needless-to-say that is a moment he will NEVER live down. I love my dad and I know I am a daddy's girl, spoiled perhaps, I expect a lot, and I will NEVER be able to ever thank my dad for the most perfect day in my life... but he'll never live down the cell phone thing.
  • I invited many guests-- family & friends-- and I was blessed by so many people who traveled so many hours to be there for us on our special day. Not too many people know that I was not nervous that day, but I did start to get a little excited (the unknown of it all-- other people calling the shots, starting the procession, taking my mom, my friends from me to get them down the aisle-- i have no idea if we started on time) as it all began, perhaps nervous or maybe anxious is a better word... What calmed me down right before I walked down the aisle? Looking out the window and seeing a co-worker. Knowing that Morgan was out there meant others would make it too-- we had a game that day and with the way the team had been playing it was pure luck that they would make it & with Hurricane Isaac making his rounds the probability of a rain-delay *& a rainy wedding day* was very overwhelming. But there she was, a familiar face of a group of people who I was so thankful could be there!!
There were so many wonderful things from that day, but I do not think I can even fathom keeping track of every single moment... thank you to everyone who helped keep me calm, provided an ear and was supportive & wonderful to us.

I wish I had professional photos to share, but of course we will have a long wait for that... in the meantime I do have a couple pics taken from family & friends to highlight some of the great memories of that perfect day. Of course, starting with the big surprise my dad got me... Reggie & Riley in tuxes!!

 My adorable flower girl made everything more beautiful. I loved having Reagan as a part of our wedding-- she was too perfect!!

 This is the only professional image I have seen as my photographer Erika Dotson uploaded this image on twitter & facebook on the day of our wedding. A cell phone snap off the back of the camera. How perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment